Brisket success at long last (QVU inside)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gruelurks

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Oakland County, MI
I started smoking some butts and a small 3.5 # brisket last night in this thread, and am happy to say that my brisket came out almost perfect this time around. It went in the same time the butts did on the top rack of my MES and it didn't take long for it to get up to 160. Once it hit that temp I foiled it with some apple juice/rum mix and put it back in. You can read the details of the smoker failure in the other thread, but it came out of my oven around 11am today to the cooler. Wife and I sliced it around 1PM and it basically fell apart. The only thing that sucked is the foil got a hole in it and a lot of the juice poured out in to the towel. So, it was a little dry but some Jack Daniels BBQ sauce livened it up and made for a great brunch.

img6368y.jpg

img6370b.jpg

img6371f.jpg

img6373h.jpg

img6372a.jpg

Nice brisky! That's got to be my all-time favorite beef burn right there...taking a narly piece of beef and turning it into a delectible treat...now that's something!

Good job!

Eric

I hate when that happens, no matter how heavy duty the foil may be just sometimes a sharp little point will jab a tiny hole through the outer layer and that makes little children cry...

Besides losing all your liquid it looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

nice looking briskit ! it seems like foil is getting thinner these days , I double or triple wrap now to keep that from happening.

WOWnow thats a nice looking brisket there Grue. Sorry to hear about the hole in the foil but thats why I use old towels. So thats doesn't ruin a good towel. I'm glad the rest of your smoke came out good too. How was that jamacian jerk butt I hope it was good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky