brisket smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

efrain

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2008
orange county,ca
Hi
i just put in a five pound brisket in my ecb, it is 10:30 in california and would like to know if i can plan on it being ready at 5:00 pm. I am shooting for 1-1:30 hrs per pound.this this about right.thanks.Also how long does a tri-tip take, i bought a 2 and a half pounder. i was planning three hours.thanks again.Cheers from CALIFORNIA!

Hi Efrain! Each piece of meat will behave differently so there is no real timetable for smoking a brisket. Some brikets take an hour a pound other close to two, so you can never really tell.

You might be OK though, you did leave yourself some wiggle room. The meat will also stall or plataue. It will stop at a certain temp and seem like its the same temp forever. It will eventually start climbing in temp again so don't panic. Good luck and tell us how it turns out!

Here is a link to help you with your brisket smoke.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=50979

what ^ says-also what temps u smoking at? that makes a big diff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky