Brisket for family get together with some PP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tailgate72

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Dallas Tx
We had a family get together friday night. Put on a couple brisket, two pork butts, homemade coleslaw and our beans. Turned out well. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and took leftovers home as we made enough food to feed a small army.

Two briskets and the butts just put on the smoker at approx 225. Briskets were rubbed down and put in the fridge for two days to just mello out. We trimmed the butts on put them on the same day. You can slightly see the tuning plates under neath, they did a wonderful job.

e2ff41b2_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper004.jpg

This is my fire supervisor. He pretty much stayed right there all day tending the fire so it would be perfect. I couldnt believe he did it lol. Thats my brother btw.

5df36ee4_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper005.jpg

This is the supervisor of operations and clean up boy if anything happens to accidently on purpose fall off the smoker. King Ralph is my 15 month old spoiled rotten Boxer.

487fe147_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper003.jpg

Back on subject, briskets and butts not far from foiling.

9207e95b_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper006.jpg

Unfoiled and put in this pan for pulling. Bone came out wonderful. Would have had more pics but family was already here and I was running way behind. So my brother (Jimmy) got a couple pics and we had to rush on.

14542518_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper008.jpg

After it was pulled and the PP Finishing sauce applied and omg talk about goooooood. Loved it with the finishing sauce.

0af895f0_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper010.jpg

Our briskets after they rested for about an hr. We were suppose to be eating right now so you can tell how far behind I was.

1bc9ce7e_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper012.jpg

Here ya go Bear. .you mentioned smoke ring from the mods we did to the offset..I think this came our pretty darn good myself.

e6f836ac_BrisketPPmomdaddonsupper013.jpg

Just realized I had no pics of the coleslaw, beans or the food on the plate..Sorry..like I said we were a bit rushed.

Anyway..

Thx for looking and as always suggestions and tips always appreciated.

Dave & Family

Don't know about anyone else, but that food looks great.

Of course would have known more had I been there to taste it.. lol

Happy Smokin'

Mike

Thanks all. Was my first taste of smoking meat on a schedule. Learned that I need to start earlier than I did for the amount of food I was trying to prepare.

Very Nice ! I am about to embark on a similar adventure .My loving wife volunteered me to do the cooking for 50 at a friends upcoming wedding reception, they want to do briskets and my question is approx how long did you smoke for? That always seems to be me ,the one not getting started early enough .Hell when it is yourself and friends who cares everyone will eat sooeror later but for an occasion like this i would like to be at least in the ball park .Any suggestion welcome.

Very Nice ! I am about to embark on a similar adventure .My loving wife volunteered me to do the cooking for 50 at a friends upcoming wedding reception, they want to do briskets and my question is approx how long did you smoke for? That always seems to be me ,the one not getting started early enough .Hell when it is yourself and friends who cares everyone will eat sooeror later but for an occasion like this i would like to be at least in the ball park .Any suggestion welcome.
If Im not mistaken and I very well could be it is suppose to be 1.5 hrs per lb of meat...In our case, I didnt look at the weight of the briskets and when it dawned on me to do that the wrapper had been taken to the dumpster and to be honest I wasnt crawling in it. Meat was put on the smoker at I believe just before 9am and was removed from the smoker at approx 6pm. I went by IT rather than time and was PRAYING that it finished close enough to allow it to rest before I was feeding ppl at midnight. There are alot of folks here that is MUCH better suited to help you than I am seeing how I have only had the last two briskets come out good in a row.

Dave

Thanks All for the kind words

and Frosty..no worries bud, I just got lucky twice in a row. You'll do great Im sure as there is enough information on this site to help turn anything out great. I do know that with the last smoke I didnt inject the brisket and found that we like it alot better without it.

Dave

Awesome job Dave, I wish I had a brother like you've got.

I wouldn't have spent $500.00 on a BBQ Guru! 
biggrin.gif

I have also learned about the timing issue.

I always start my fire early, and put my meat on early.

looks_great.png

Thanks Raptor,

I tell you what I couldnt have a better person than the brother I have. There is a huge age gap between us, alot of ppl think he is my son, but thats ok too. We do alot of things together, and he is really into smoking as well. He just works the fire better than I do on that old country smoker..I think he is wispering sweet nothings in the fire box when Im not looking.

THx

Dave

I have a question I have smoked brisket before but I can never get it to where it falls apart mine is always chewy. I am going to try smoking some meat this weekend and I need some advise. I want to do brisket again and I am also doing baby back ribs. On the brisket I would like to do a 10-12LB brisket I have a basic rub but I dont know how long and what temp to cook it at and how do you regulate the temp properly. I also need to know what kind of wood is the best hickory or cherry. If anyone out here can help that would be great :) thank you Angie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky