Brinkman Problems

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by core cycle, May 7, 2009.

1. I have a Brinkman 2 door square upright, I am new to smoking and have had it for a couple of months and have had nothing but trouble. First I could not get the temp below 300* F on the lowest setting on the door thermometer so I bough a replacement from KCBBQ, called brinkman and was told I need a new regulator so I bought a new regulator and a digital thermometer with two probes there was still a variation so I checked both thermometers with boling water and door thermometer was off by 33* F high and the probes were dead on 212-213* F problem solved?? no now the flame goes out for no reason!! I'll set 250* F half hour later the temp is 200* F open the bottom door and no flame!! I am ready to use the brinkman for target practice!! Can anyone suggest a gas smoker that I can set and forget!!
    Jack

2. smokingscooby

smokingscooby Smoking Fanatic

Alot of people on this forum that use gas use the GOSM big block,or any other model. No gas smoker is a set it and forget it. Pretty close but I have great temp control with my Big Block.For a more set it and forget it I think the electric smokers are pretty good,although I don't have one .Wait someone with an electric will give you some better info on them

Here is a link http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults