brining a butterball turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

just woody

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
i have a butterball turkey and another brand, we plan on brining the other brand and smoking it... the butterball was a freebee, we've never had one

can a butterball be brined, what happends to all the butter and seasonings that are under the skik while in the brine??

Anytime you have an enhanced meat the brinning has been done. If you are trying to have a moist bird the enhancement will give you that as long as you don't over cook it.

To add flavor injecting would be a better choice, don't add salt to the injection recipe.

I was going to ask, but knew if I searched someone else had already asked it. My friend got a free butterball from work, and we're going to smoke it for Thanksgiving, it's the 7% solution kind. I may try injecting. What sort of flavors would be suggested to inject, is there a technique(injection placement) that works best. Guess I'm going to have to make another run to the store for injection tools/ingredients!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky