Brined/Cured/Smoked Pork Chop Rack ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Foam , The chops look superb!
points.gif

Foam , The chops look superb!
points.gif
Thank you. My next one though will be a day and 1/2 in the bucket. Upon reflection thats probably what I did with the first one, so I could get it in the smoker in two days.
Don't know how I missed this! Great smoke Kevin!

POINTS!
Thank you Sir. I really liiked the last one. A bit hammie on the outside where all the dark meat and fat are ( my favorite), and brined in the loin making it really tender juicy. AND its still extremely affordable.

Looks swell from here! Smells good too.
Ham for Easter?
Steve
Thank you, its not exactly were I wanted to go, but its close enough for this smoke.

I hate to say it but its a store bought, will probably be a double smoke. Just too much going on this year. I hope you and your's have a great great holiday and the Easter Beagle brings you nothing but prize eggs!

Sorry, Foamheart. There is too much good food in Louisiana already. You have to stop making food this good or move.

Great looking chops!

points1.png

Disco

Great looking pork, Foam. I haven't tried this yet but you are bringing me along.

Disco

Last edited:
Foam,

It could be the lighting, but doesn't the center look like the cure has not reached it?

Is there any particular reason for curing the whole roast instead of chops?

Foam,

It could be the lighting, but doesn't the center look like the cure has not reached it?

Is there any particular reason for curing the whole roast instead of chops?
Yes, You don't get that hammy taste of cured. I believe the cure helps the speed the brining and when doing it for a short a time, I think it helps.

It has a very mild mild cure taste. 

You should try one and see what you think.

I like it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky