Brine a Butt to Smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbro-smokes

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Tennessee
I always brine chicken when grilling.  Being new to the forum I have noticed people tend to brine Butt's sometimes.  It is Friday now and I plan to put a 5-6lb butt on the smoker Sunday morning.  Is it worth a Brine or is it too late for that.  If its not too late...is there something to add to the brine that may improve taste?

All you can do is try! Brine it with stuff you like,I can't think of a butt I've brined my guess more inject then brine and I haven't tried that but plan to sometime. I do plan on brining a cut up pork butt that I want to try with maple syrup and maple wood for smoke to make some pork burnt ends sometime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky