Breakfast

Discussion in 'Smoking Bacon' started by cowgirl, Feb 4, 2009.

1. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I chicken fried more of my canadian bacon...this one was a maple/cayenne bacon.

Made some french toast, fried a potato that I had smoked with hickory, added fruit. It was kinda tasty.

Thanks for checking out my Baconview! :)

2. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just lookin at that picture actually made the bologna sandwich I'm eating right now taste better. How did you do that?

Shweeeeet!

3. chef_boy812

chef_boy812 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

oh my,

Chicken fried canadian Bacon. I am soooooo hungry for that.

wow, my arteries are drooling.....or clogging...well it doesn't matter, as long as die from something I eat.

4. slanted88

slanted88 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Just perfect!

5. rodbuilder

rodbuilder Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Now that does look tasty. Did you dry cure or brine your CB. I want to make some maple/chipolte CB...

6. cowgirl

Thank you Dave, Chef, Slanted and Gary!

Gary, I brined this batch... I think the posts I made about it are gone. lol
    I butchered 2 pigs, made some slab bacon and canadian, cold smoked them in my little smokehouse.

7. smokeguy

smokeguy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like you could just lift it off the screen and start eating it. Wish I could! [​IMG]

8. cowgirl

Thank you Smokeguy! [​IMG] The bacon is nice and crunchy on the outside but tender and moist on the inside.
    That's one thing I like about cold smoking canadian bacon...you have more options on how you want to cook it. [​IMG]

9. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] looks great, thanks for sharing

10. cowgirl

Thank you!! [​IMG]

11. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I would love to join you for breakfast...thank you so much for asking!!

12. cowgirl

DINGLE, put those snow shoes on and come on over. [​IMG]

13. you had me right up to the 'added fruit' part lol

Everything else belonged on that plate - but kiwi ?
    lol
    Take the fruit and make a smoothie, that'd go with the food a lot better I reckon ;-)

14. cowgirl

lol I love fruit...no matter what kind. [​IMG]

15. meat hunter

meat hunter Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I tell ya Cowgirl. That looks great. I know I've seen a post on here saying you should open a restaurant. I've been a member here for about 2 months but had to re-register when the great "SMF Meltdown of 2009 happend last week". LOL. I have seen numerous postings of yours and every dish you present is simply amazing, food wise and presentation. I don't know if you have the capacity or not, but maybe open a Bed & Breakfast. I know with the dishes you have here, our family would be a guest for a nite or two. Your style and creative flair for the dishes you put out here on this forum is fantastic. Everytime I see one of your posts with a dish on it, I yell to the wife, "Hey come look at this one" Don't let that go to your head[​IMG]. As Spring comes about, I hope to add some of my recipes from the time when we owned our restaurants and put some twists in them that I'm sure all will like.
    Here's an idea for ya[​IMG] if you have not thought of it yet. A cookbook featuring your smoked dishes. I know it would sell. If you do, I get a free copy[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].

16. I've tried: I've suggested live in cookery courses, forming a roving band of smf chefs, just having me round to eat any leftovers, she just likes teasing us with amazing food and then telling us if we want it we have to cook it ourselves.
    Some women are just born cruel ;-)

17. cowgirl

Meat Hunter....Thank you so much!! You are too kind. [​IMG]
    Funny you should mention a bed and breakfast....Someone else mentioned that to me the other day. I'm sure it would be fun, but I enjoy my freedom and privacy too much...
    I'm able to take off camping, hunting and fishing pretty often. Also love living in the middle of nowhere. It's so peaceful. [​IMG]

If I figure out how to make a cookbook...you will definately get a copy. [​IMG]

Can't wait to see your restaurant recipes!! Bet they will be awesome!

Thanks again. [​IMG]

18. cowgirl

lol .....CA! [​IMG]

19. mofo

mofo Meat Mopper

Looks really really good Cowgirl. Breakfast is my favorite meal!

MoFo

20. meat hunter

meat hunter Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Cowgirl said: Funny you should mention a bed and breakfast....Someone else mentioned that to me the other day. I'm sure it would be fun, but I enjoy my freedom and privacy too much...
    I'm able to take off camping, hunting and fishing pretty often. Also love living in the middle of nowhere. It's so peaceful.
    [​IMG]

Yeah Cowgirl I know what ya mean about freedom and privacy. We moved to the country basically for that. Nearest neighbor a little under a mile. After being in the restaurant business for a few years, and dealing with all kinds of a**hole customers, I have come to realize that I pretty much don't like people LOL. My motto, the more people I meet, the more I like my dog[​IMG].
    But I like the people on this forum......[​IMG]