Breakfast Fatty with Q-view

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by vegansbeware, Mar 31, 2008.

1. mdgoos

mdgoos Smoke Blower

What all did you put in it?

2. Sorry I forgot to put that little tid bit of info. This fatty is made with Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage and is filled with Cream Cheese, Colby Cheese, Jalapenos, Mushrooms and a few slices of Bacon.

3. mdgoos

mdgoos Smoke Blower

I am going to have toi try that; Is there anything that isnt good in a fatty?

4. I sure cant think of anything. I'm thinkin about using Italian Sausage next time and putting pizza-type ingediants in it. I'll post Q-view on that and tell all how it turned out.

5. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I can only think of one word for this.....

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY............... shoot, thats 3 words
    Great job.
    Andy.

6. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Nice job. Oh the gooyness.

7. phreak

phreak Meat Mopper

I wonder if you injected eggs into a fatty if they would cook properly??/

8. doctor phreak

doctor phreak Smoking Fanatic

will have to try this ...looks really good.....nice name phreak

9. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

your Q-view of the fattie made the blood slow down in my viens..lol..

that looked great..

10. cinnamonkc

cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I was just wondering that. If I did basically the same fatty but with eggs, would I have to cook them some first?

Also, I might try flavored cream cheese like herb and garlic Rondele or Boursin. I put that in my regular scrambled eggs.

Anyone know about the egg factor?
    KC

11. 1894

1894 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Good question KC , I'm thinking a scrambled egg , cheese and bacon fatty sounds good. I have read that the bacon needs to be at least partialy cooked , but not sure on the eggs.

12. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

Hmmm. I wonder if you started to make the fattie like some do meat loaf, add egg to meat and kneed. then make the fattie. but i guess that would not be the same.

this might help..

Cooking Whole Eggs for Use in Recipes– As a nutritious combination of egg whites and yolks, whole eggs should be fully cooked for assured safety in recipes that call for raw or lightly cooked eggs. The following method can be used with any number of eggs and works for a variety of recipes.

Cooking Egg Yolks for Use in Recipes

– Because egg yolks are a fine growth medium for bacteria, cook them for use in mayonnaise, Hollandaise sauce, Caesar salad dressing, chilled soufflés, chiffons, mousses and other recipes calling for raw egg yolks. The following method can be used with any number of yolks.

Cooking Egg Whites for Use in Recipes

– Cooking egg whites before use in all recipes is recommended for full safety. The following method can be used with any number of whites and works for chilled desserts as well as Seven-Minute Frosting, Royal Icing and other frosting recipes calling for raw egg whites.

13. teeotee

teeotee Smoking Fanatic

Nice job on an awesome looking fatty vegan. Do try italian sauage, i actually prefer it to regular.

Have read in one of the many fatty posts to cook your eggs before putting them in. Would prob work pretty good if scrambled.

Think i'd be inclined to precook too.

14. chrome

chrome Smoke Blower

Awesome lookin fatty !!!!
    I always have a problem with mine. They seem to spring a leak and all my cheese runs out, leaving a hollow fatty ... ?

15. cinnamonkc

cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I wondered about that... :0-)

16. supervman

supervman Smoking Fanatic

Sure looks like there's eggs in it to me.
    Is that just melted cheese?
    Let us know.
    Thanks
    Vman

17. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking fatty with tasty stuff inside. Awesome smoke ring!! Nice job!! [​IMG]

18. bhille42

bhille42 Meat Mopper

mighty fine looking fatty!

19. Nope! No eggs! I know it seems Un-American or even Un-Human, but I can't stand em. That's just cheese. I Like Cheese!