Bratwurst wontons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zzerru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 14, 2007
Ann Arbor
Had some friends over yesterday so I decided to whip up a batch of brat wontons. THey are super easy to make and are generally crowd-pleasers (at least my crowd).

ba24c998_Brat11.jpg

Brats taken out of the casings, eggwash, beer, cheese and wonton skins.

5f5792c1_Brat12.jpg

Cheese added.

9ca90b10_Brat13.jpg

Cheese mixed in with a healthy splash of beer.

7fef9a09_Brat14.jpg

Spooned the mixture into skins and sealed the edges with eggwash.

26fc1f7a_Brat15.jpg

All made up.

be040a70_Brat52.jpg

Going into the fryer.

5a6c89cf_Brat6.jpg

Served up with a honey/stone-ground mustard sauce.

c698c6e2_Brat61.jpg

Inside shot.

Thanks for watching

What they all said.........................
drool.gif

Joe

The sauce is a combination of stone-ground mustard, chipoltle pepper and honey.

I hope you kept some of that Red Jacket Amber for yourself! I remember when I was in college at NMU in Marquette and the Kewee brewing first came out with their beers at the stores. It was a big change from drinking "the beast" (Milwaukee's Best) and upgrading to pick axe blonde and the red jacket!

Looks tasty! Try putting green scallions and/or chopped pickles in a few next time!

The other 5 beers were for me, my buddy got me turned to it  
icon14.gif
 I'll definitely give the scallions a shot, that sounds like a great addition! Thought about trying mixing home made kraut in it too. Next time I'll experiment a bit :)

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir ree those look mighty darn tastie. Nice idea

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky