Born and raised SoCal boy......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chicharon50

Original poster
Hello everyone,

My name is Leo Lopez and I live in the Inland Empire in the State of California, not to far from the Riv Co/San Diego Co line. I spent 13 years as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children turning wrenches on a Battle Phrog (CH-46E), now I work in....."Waste Management" ;)....lovin' every minute of it. I have been smoking meats on my Char-Griller modified grill with side firebox for approximately four years, searching for mods on the internet has led me to this forum. I finally purchased a WSM 22.5 a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to use it. I've been surfing through the posts and have enjoyed all of the stories and information being shared. 

About for months ago, A friend and I entered a local rib competition believing we would knock it out of the park. Sadly, upon arrival to the site we realized we where just chum in the water for the sharks. We had a good time and learned a lot, which lead us to hunker down, begin to perfect the art, and give it another shot in a year or so. Glad to have joined this forum and hoping to learn from you all.

Semper Fidelis.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. 
icon14.gif
 Thanks for your service. 
usa.gif

Hey Leo,

Welcome. Glad to have ya here. I haven't entered any contests but

your attitude is right on. Get better and better and bring home the

the trophies.

Thanks for your service and keep us posted...James

Welcome to the site Leo! I found this place the same way you did.... lol.

Grats on the WSM you will love it! I made the same switch you did and almost felt guilty at how much easier it was to smoke on the WSM vs. the Chargriller... lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky