Booty-Lucius!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeusum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Smokin a couple of Boston butts today, about 17lbs total. Starting with applewood and cherrywood with a chuck of peach wood. Later I'll add more cherry and orange wood. I normally get the giant boneless butt pack from Costco, which I prefer, but we pulled into their parking lot at 2 minutes a 6 last night... Grrrr... Two grocery stores later I ended up with two bone-in butts (that sounds really dirty!) -- trimmed, rubbed wrapped in the fridge overnight. Got em in the smoker two hours late (grrr, was waiting on hubby to bring me foil) -- so a laid them out (butterflied somewhat from where i trimmed the fat out beyween the middle) instead of keeping them "butt" shaped, so hopefully I'll get them out between 8&10pm tonight. We like tons of bark, anyway!

I use a blend of commercial rubs, it's just easier. My favorite and most prominent rub is Kansas Town's Cowtown Sweet Spot, but I add in Plowboys Bovine Bold (more of brisket rub, but it compliments the Sweet Spot very well!) and before it goes in it gets a second rub of the two above plus a more traditional Carolina rub, Carolina Style Rub Some Butt. I think I'm pretty lucky that I live in an area where I can buy all my wood, spices, sauces, etc. right here! Thank goodness we have a huge Bass Pro by the house!

Here's my pre-Qview :)

And for my favorite moderators, here's the other "butt" that has kept me away from the house and my smoker!

I'll keep you posted!

Awww......she is growing sooooo pretty!  Love that baby's colors! Thanks for keeping me updated on that cute thing.

Good luck with the smoke today.  You need to try Lotta Bull's seasonings.  Will like them too!

Kat

Reactions: smokeusum

Are you lookin at my Butt? Look!!!

I'm not a fan of moving my butt once it gets hot, but I now my smoker, I drenched these beauties in my super-secret blend of sopping stuff and flipped them front to back in the smoker (it gets hotter in the back) and started creating a bit more cherry charcoal... I was a bit concerned about how I had splayed them out on wood that hadn't completely charred off (applewood is as bad as oak or hickory if you don't wait for the "thin blue") because they were late goin in... But I'm fairly confident we will be rockin some premium porky goodness for the next few days!!

Think me cherry char is ready... Gunna go put it in!!

charrin my cherry!

Nice looking Boner-Butts. And the Equine is looking good too ... and that's far enough
biggrin.gif

Nice looking Boner-Butts. And the Equine is looking good too ... and that's far enough
biggrin.gif

We are starting to hear that the Equine Butt is good enough to compete at the World Competition in November... Do I hear a Smoking Forum sponsored entry?! Lol, her name has yet to be registered!

Nom nom nom
I see what I assume is Mac & Cheese on the right, beans of the left, whats that in the groove..... a loaf or two? If its under your butt doesn't it get all juicy?

I have to say it cause they deserve it. Nice butts, really nice color.

Any day the horses are not in the coral and a smoker is puffin out thin blue is a great day.

(but only one day every two weeks is cruel and unusual punishment!)

Last edited:
I see what I assume is Mac & Cheese on the right, beans of the left, whats that in the groove..... a loaf or two? If its under your butt doesn't it get all juicy?

I have to say it cause they deserve it. Nice butts, really nice color.

Any day the horses are not in the coral and a smoker is puffin out thin blue is a great day.
(but only one day every two weeks is cruel and unusual punishment!)

Great eye! It was Corn on the Cob!!!!

Thank you for compliments! I was pretty thrill how everything turned out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky