Boneless Baby Back Ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chmersch

Original poster
May 29, 2009
The meat counter I shop at has "Boneless Baby Back Ribs". Are they just part of a pork loin? And what is your recommendation for smoking them. They are about the same thickness and length of a half rack of ribs.

I think it is the meat cut off the top of the ribs but I'm not sure about that. I'd treat them like any other rib ob the smoker but the cooking time could be shorter.

Sounds like they picked up some McRibs from McDonalds
biggrin.gif

My Dogs would Bite me if they didn't have bones with My BBQ...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks for the reply Ron, do you recall what types of temperatures you tried to get them up to?

I would do them just like Ron did they looked fabulous and juicy and really good too.

I am thinking I did a 3 1/2 - 4 hour smoke, then seared them, I can't remeber the temps probably 150? Just don't over cook if possible.

I must admit these were one of my complete failures. I cooked them far to long and they were dry, dry, dry. Did I mention they were dry . I did them like regular bb ribs and boy was that a mistake.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky