Bolagna Smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bajafish

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Southern Oregon coast
4976b893_IMG_0317.jpg

Have seen recipes for smoked bologna and just had to try it. Since it's my first time with Bologna I thought I would keep it simple, no rub, just 2 1/2 hr  Maple smoke at about 230* and go from there. Hard to find chub Bologna in South West Oregon, so finally found it in Grants Pass. Got a 3 lb. chunk and sliced it down to with in 1/4" of the bottom. Wanted to splay the meat ( open it up ) so I had some pork cheek, and cut about a 1/2" chunk piece, ( not shown ) and put it under the center of the bologna.

Last edited:
Good ole Bolonga , cheap, takes to smoke well and with a good sauce,Onios and Pickles on a big Bun... Heaven. Now to go get one(I have $15 hidden from Trish. Hee-Hee-Hee...
devil.gif

That looks good. The local Bologna here in central PA is lacking but I will be heading back to NJ soon where there are usually several to choose from...JJ

No real reason to use pork cheek. Just needed  a lump of  "somthing"  under the center of the bologna to open up the fingers for a good smoke. You could use most anything.

WOW it was good!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky