Big Green Egg!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrod

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
I am super excited to say I now have a Big Green Egg smoker. I can't wAit to fire it up! I've been smoking on a brink man vertical smoker and I'm glad to be moving away from that.

Now the big question is what to smoke first, brisket or ribs. :yahoo:

Congrats, Those are nice smokers. 
biggrin.gif

[quote name="MasterOfMyMeat" url="/forum/thread/110262/big-green-egg#post_677306"]
Pics kind Sir...Pics!

also, did you season it? My vote is ribs...James
[/quote]

It's still in the box right now but i will get pics during assembly tomorrow. I plan on actually watching the DVD that comes with it, yeah I'm a goober. Lol

:sausage:

Ok here are some pictures.

Here it is under cover:

5a44ab7b_IMG_0578.jpg

The Egg

1ec0d67d_IMG_0579.jpg

5a9b9a86_IMG_0581.jpg

Edit: More Pictures can be found in my  album.

Last edited:
Congrats!

You're gonna love that thing!!!

People who have them are crazy about them!!!

Bear

Here's mine with a funny hat on...when it resided in Atlanta,,

165c454d_snow003.jpg

I've got a Primo and love, love, love cooking on the ceramic smoker! Awesome control and I am a control freak.
33ebe067_jimcarry.gif

I plan on doing some ribs this weekend but I am having a hard time controlling the urge to do something sooner.
th_INGardenbbq7.gif

Just got done mixing up the rib rub, tomorrow will be the sauce.

I'm really looking forward to not having to tend my fire every hour like I had to on that Brinkman Vertical smoker and being able to maintain consistant temps.

Why is it only Monday!?!?

I'm saving up for a BGE myself......can't wait to join you on the EGGventure of finding out just what that thing will do!  
ROTF.gif

Congrats on the BGE! I too just got a primo and ceramic cooking is a whole new level. Problem is, if you botch dinner, you can't blame it on the grill anymore :)

My Son got a Big Black egg.

It looks exactly like a Big Green Egg, but it's black, and it cost less.

I don't know much about it, but he loves it !

Anybody know anything about them??? Made cheaper maybe???

Bear

My Son got a Big Black egg.

It looks exactly like a Big Green Egg, but it's black, and it cost less.

I don't know much about it, but he loves it !

Anybody know anything about them??? Made cheaper maybe???

Bear

China knock off! Lots of pockets of air with in the ceramic. Not so good seal.

I saw the black eggs at Sam's, don't remember the brand, but it was cheaper. I chose the Primo over the BGE because of the oval shape. Just kept thinking ribs would fit better. They are both excellent cookers though. Gonna fire mine up this weekend. I will hug it, and squeeze it, and call it George.
ee99a154_abc.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky