Big Green Egg (accessory help)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thadius65

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Just like a woman needs to accessorize with a purchase of a new dress.. It is customary for us men to do the same with our Implements of Fire !!
cool.gif

So I am 99% convinced on purchasing a large Big Green Egg. Done a great deal of research on the ceramic world and I feel drawn to getting one. I am pretty sure that I need a plate setter. I already have a good 15" pizza stone (old stone oven brand). Also a cover. What else is needed? My brother and I will be building a table off of NakedWhiz plans this weekend, so all good for cooking area.

Thanks for the input!

Ted

Tell your wife you need a first class fishing pole now to catch better fish for your cooker.

Congrats on the egg. I've got it in the back of my mind to get one. My cheap gene keeps slapping me upside the head though.

Will definately be trying some salmon on the egg.

Any accessory info from anyone?

Thanks,

Ted

I have a ceramic cooker and use a "plate setter".
I have had a couple and wrap them in foil, they ended up cracking eventually from the heat.
Do yourself a favor and google Fibrament, and look into buying one of their baking stones. A little bit more money, but well worth it and they don't shatter or crack from the heat.

My wife has been using stones in the oven for years, she has not liked many and has determined Pampered Chef stones are best for us I think we own every size they offer?). We have not tried over open flame or non-baffled heat yet. I do want to try a pizza from the smoker yet though.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky