Best pastrami ever.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

africanmeat

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 28, 2011
Cape Town South Africa
Best pastrami ever.

I made my pastrami from sirloin .
i got the recipe  from solaryellow and an idea from  a friend of mine . so for my brine i will replaced the honey with maple syrup .
i use  for  5 lb meat 
1 gal water
1 1/2 cups kosher salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 TBS pickling spice (the original is 1 TBS) 
1/2  cup honey (this time maple )
1/4  cup minced garlic
 3 tsp cure#1
inject the meat with the brine .
leave the meat in the brine for 2 weeks in the fridge .
dry clean the meat .
i  cover it with 2 parts coriander 1 part b pepper 1 part garlic powder .
smoked at 225 f till IT 145 .

Thanks 

Nice!  
drool.gif

Very nice   1.Did you let it sit in the refri between brine and smoker ? I am trying to keep good records for when I get my smokehouse built.

Thanks

Dan 

Very nice   1.Did you let it sit in the refri between brine and smoker ? I am trying to keep good records for when I get my smokehouse built.

Thanks

Dan 
  Hi Dan thanks.

no i just dry it and put the spices and in to the smoker .

as it got to 145 i wrapped  it in foil till it got cold and to the fridge over night. 

Ahron...........which cut of beef did you use???? Nice looking pastrami.
thanks  i used sirloin .

Looks great.........sirloin huh ...I might have to try that cut next time.

Wow that looks amazing, and the thought of having a sandwich made from your own fantastically prepared meat, is the best!

Great job! And happy April to you!!!

Cheers! - Leah
Thanks Leah

yes it is great to have a sandwich from your home made bread a home made pastrami and home made pickles .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky