Been smoking for a while

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grill sargent

Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
This is the first time that I have seen or been on this forum, but I have been getting the news letter for some time now, so now I guess it's time for me to contribute and chat and maybe help with some things that I have learned or recipes that may be of interest to others.I reside in Utah and I love to grill and smoke year round. I have three offset smokers one gas and one charcoal grill. I named my oldest smoker "The Millenium Falcon" because it may not look like much but she sure can cook....the other is the twin of the falcon's and that's her name "Twin" and the third is "Tank"..My family thinks I'm a bit strange but my wife understands...I cook with charcoal and stick, depending.My favorite cook is pulled pork and beer can chicken...but ribs and brisket are next. When I do cook, my neighbors all prepare for dinner because they know that I cook for an army so there is always enough.We have been having temps here in the 100's and air quality is not good, so I avoid smoking and use my gas grill but come the fourth the temp should be low enough to smoke...hate it when this happens.Well that's all I can think of for now, I'm always open for chats and hope I can contribute to the forum.

Thanks Willie, the fourth will be here before you know it......I plan on some ribs and chicken and can't forget the beer for the adults...

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 50,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

We have an Articles section that is full of great information about smoking to include a lot of recipes and instructionals. Check it out there is a lot to learn in there!

Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, it helps others to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

Welcome to the forums, Sarge!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastimes...grilling, smoking, and curing great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask any time you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

Thank you for all your welcomes and believe me...this sport of BBQ is an continuing education no matter how long you have been at it...I am intrigued at the many tricks I pick up along my journey and how I prepare my rub to suit the many different types of meat according to the time of year...even during the change in the weather...So thanks to all......And if I can help anyone with anything...I'd be more then happy to...

welcome1.gif
Sargent

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us!

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff in Rule #11. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky