Beef Rub Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

placebo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 24, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I'm going to be smoking a beef rib roast and chuck roast this weekend and I want to try some different rubs. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Here's on I got from cajunsmoker. I like it a lot for beef!

4 TBSP Splenda brown sugar (if regular brown sugar use 8 TBSP)
1 TBSP Red Pepper (cayenne)
1 TBSP Chili powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
1.5 tsp dry mustard
1.5 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp white pepper

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Reactions: bucfan7273
For beef, I usually integrate some rosemary and thyme into the rub. Savory goes well too. Also the yellow mustard base to hold a nice thick crust of rub is sweet...!!

Geek,

I have used both white and black pepper in that rub. I find that they smell and taste enough alike that I will forgo the more expensive white pepper unless it is a soup or sauce where the black flakes would look funny. As I said, I copied that directly from the one that cajunsmoker posted, the question might better be directed his way.

How about that for a good non-answer??

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky