Beef ribs today.... MONEY SHOT....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
It is totally unlike me, to walk by the beef case and buy something at the regular price... BUT..... I love beef ribs and must have skipped breakfast or something because they ended up in my cart.... They really, really looked good.... there was meat on the bones...

It took a bit to get the MES 30 to start up.... 3 degrees this AM.... Took about 20 minutes to fool it into thinking it was a warm morning... None the less, I got her fired up...

Hickory pellets in the AMNPS for 2 hours at 275 to dry out.... I've got the ribs in there, on Todd's wonderful Q-Matz, drying and forming a pellicle.... In an hour or so I will fire up the pellets and start the smoke....

I've got some O'Mara's Irish Country Cream to add to coffee...... BUT... I have to wait for Bride to get distracted..... I hate getting yelled at this time of day....

Everytime I see beef ribs on a thread I HAVE to peek at it.  Those do look meaty Dave.  Should have a fine meal there.  Reinhard

I gotta see some Beef Ribs with some Meat on them . . .
Coffee.gif

Coffee.gif

Hey Stan..... Afternoon....
I'll take a picture of the ribs that are usually at the store.... The guy with the filet knife usually skins them clean... REAL clean... I think that's what caught my eye..... Couldn't see much bone....

Last edited:
Coffee.gif

Hey Stan..... Afternoon....
I'll take a picture of the ribs that are usually at the store.... The guy with the filet knife usually skins them clean... REAL clean... I think that's what caught my eye..... Couldn't see much bone....

Thats why i usually dont buy them because they trim to dang close.

Can't wait to see the finish.

First, notice the fine photography.. HAHAHAHAHA... Put them in the oven at 200 to "rest" a little longer... too darn cold to keep checking on them outside.... Besides, Bride comments every time I open the door and let in that 10 degree air... heck I don't blame her... Gotta keep peace...

Look pretty good to me.... I like my ribs NEKKID... Montreal Steak and Kosher Salt... that's it for now.... Dave

B.T.W...... I sure do love how easy the AMAZEN MATZ clean up......

Last edited:
That looks great Dave. Beef ribs are cheap here but they look like a pack of coyotes got to them. The last good beef ribs we had we bought a primal rib cut and boned it ourselves for steak. Now them were some good ribs.

Looks great Dave.

And I don't blame you for moving them with the temps that low.

Dave awesome Ribs.
Gotta try me some beef ribs.
Hell you even sold me on getting a few of those mats.

Tasty looking ribs! Nice smoke Dave!

When I want beef ribs I ask the butcher at our local grocery store for the untrimmed ones. Come two full racks in a cryo pack. Usually a few pennies cheaper than the trimmed ones per pound.

Tasty looking ribs! Nice smoke Dave!

When I want beef ribs I ask the butcher at our local grocery store for the untrimmed ones. Come two full racks in a cryo pack. Usually a few pennies cheaper than the trimmed ones per pound.

Thanks... I'll look into that from my meat guy instead of the box grocery....

The money shot looks great Dave!!!  Love beef ribs.  Very hard to find meaty beef back ribs anywhere except if you find them when they are cut off the standing rib at the meat department.  Otherwise you can ask for the short rib plate.  Those would be even more meaty.  Got to get some of those matz.  Reinhard

Lookin' great!  you guys should ask your butcher about boneless beef ribs.  The guys I use trim away all the bones and I'm left with a big 'ol hunk of meat that is as good as any prime rib you've had!

only downside is the cost. lately with the insane increase in beef prices, they have been 4 to 5 dollars per pound.  still not bad for what you get and no waste to boot!

Thanks... I'll look into that from my meat guy instead of the box grocery....

I get these from Safeway, they still do some of the cutting and have bulk packs. Mine will open the pack and sell what you want but then it'll cost more cause they have to wrap. I gety pork butts this way from Safeway too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky