Beef Ribs, my first attempt.

Discussion in 'Beef' started by davidhef88, Aug 25, 2013.

1. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Was browsing the meat at wallyworld yesterday and these caught my eye.

They don't look too bad for $1.99/lb.

Had to cut them in half to fit it the smoker. Going to try the 3-2-1. From what I've read most use the K.I.S.S. method which I decided to do also so I rubbed them with sea salt, cracked black, and garlic.
    Sitting steady right where I want it.
    Going in foil
    Came out great. Did the 3-2-1 @225* with hickory smoke for the first 3 hours.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. Looking forward to the results.  Did you do anything with the membrane on the back of the bones?

3. davidhef88

I tried but it looked like it was already removed.

4. davidhef88

Updated original post with finished Q-View. They turned out great. I will be doing many more of these.

5. Ribs look really good man!  [​IMG]   Did you add anything to the pan when you foiled? I usually use beef broth for mine...

6. Very nice looking

7. suie

suie Meat Mopper

Very nice!!  Those look like they have a decent amount of meat on them, too. When I buy beef ribs, there is often only a very thin layer of meat on the bone. (I guess they are trying to maximize the amount of meat on the rib eye) Great find, especially at $1.99/pound!!

8. davidhef88

A little bit of beer.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  9. ps0303

ps0303 Meat Mopper

Great looking ribs.  I just stopped at my local Wally World and their beef ribs didn't seem to have much meat on them.  They are the same brand as yours were.  Did you look close at them before you smoked them and think the same thing that they weren't very meaty?

10. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Is it first attempt or first place?  [​IMG]

Now tell us the truth, this really ain't your first go round on ribs is it? [​IMG]      No fibbing.   

You didn't burn down the house,  or the neighbor's garage or anything? Those look outstanding, the photos are great, and nothing but a success!

MY luck doesn't normally run that direction, but good for you!

11. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very nice. Just picked up a rack myself for $4.71 !! How could you pass that up ??

No 3-2-1 for me though. Probably 4 1/2 hours spooning on the Mojo.

Rochester huh?? Heard of Corning ??

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  12. looks great. beef ribs are one of my faves. no foil for me tho. just meat, heat and smoke.

13. davidhef88

Yes! I thought I was going to be disappointed. Had quite a bit of meat for 1.99/lb.

14. davidhef88

Thanks!! It was my first go round with BEEF ribs. Lol

15. davidhef88

Isn't that in PA? Lol

16. David,

Those are so good looking ribs.  Now I need to make me some beef ribs like that for the long weekend.

17. Love me some beef ribs !! Nice job!!

18. country73

country73 Newbie

FL
    Looks great, I actually have 2 racks and a couple birds getting ready for Labor Day as well.

19. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Pretty dang close. [​IMG]

20. hardrockchina

hardrockchina Fire Starter

Man they look great,, I'm going to try these over the weekend