Beef Ribs, my first attempt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidhef88

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 24, 2011
Rochester, NY
Was browsing the meat at wallyworld yesterday and these caught my eye.

They don't look too bad for $1.99/lb.

Had to cut them in half to fit it the smoker. Going to try the 3-2-1. From what I've read most use the K.I.S.S. method which I decided to do also so I rubbed them with sea salt, cracked black, and garlic.
Sitting steady right where I want it.
Going in foil
Came out great. Did the 3-2-1 @225* with hickory smoke for the first 3 hours.

Last edited:
Updated original post with finished Q-View. They turned out great. I will be doing many more of these.

Ribs look really good man! 
thumb1.gif
  Did you add anything to the pan when you foiled? I usually use beef broth for mine...

Very nice!!  Those look like they have a decent amount of meat on them, too. When I buy beef ribs, there is often only a very thin layer of meat on the bone. (I guess they are trying to maximize the amount of meat on the rib eye) Great find, especially at $1.99/pound!!

Great looking ribs.  I just stopped at my local Wally World and their beef ribs didn't seem to have much meat on them.  They are the same brand as yours were.  Did you look close at them before you smoked them and think the same thing that they weren't very meaty?

Is it first attempt or first place? 
first.gif

Now tell us the truth, this really ain't your first go round on ribs is it? 
Bottom.gif
     No fibbing.   

You didn't burn down the house,  or the neighbor's garage or anything? Those look outstanding, the photos are great, and nothing but a success!

MY luck doesn't normally run that direction, but good for you!

Very nice. Just picked up a rack myself for $4.71 !! How could you pass that up ??

No 3-2-1 for me though. Probably 4 1/2 hours spooning on the Mojo.

Rochester huh?? Heard of Corning ??

Last edited:
Great looking ribs.  I just stopped at my local Wally World and their beef ribs didn't seem to have much meat on them.  They are the same brand as yours were.  Did you look close at them before you smoked them and think the same thing that they weren't very meaty?
Yes! I thought I was going to be disappointed. Had quite a bit of meat for 1.99/lb.

Is it first attempt or first place? 
first.gif

Now tell us the truth, this really ain't your first go round on ribs is it? 
Bottom.gif

No fibbing.   

You didn't burn down the house,  or the neighbor's garage or anything? Those look outstanding, the photos are great, and nothing but a success!

MY luck doesn't normally run that direction, but good for you!
Thanks!! It was my first go round with BEEF ribs. Lol

Very nice. Just picked up a rack myself for $4.71 !! How could you pass that up ??
No 3-2-1 for me though. Probably 4 1/2 hours spooning on the Mojo.

Rochester huh?? Heard of Corning ??
Isn't that in PA? Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky