Beef rib simmer N brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

avonole

Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Tasted some bone in beef ribs that were simmered for a couple of hours, brined overnight and smoked till melt in your mouth. The guy won't give up his recipie and I have 20 lbs in my freezer. Any Ideas?

You can achieve basically the same thing by doing a variation of the 3-2-1 method that is used for pork spareribs.

Brine up your beef ribs, place them into the smoker for a 3 hours then foil them with some heavy duty aluminum foil and some apple juice place back into the smoker for a couple of hours and then for the last hour open up the foil packets to let the meat firm up a bit.

Take a minute and drop into Roll Call and intoduce yourself to the folks here.

Enjoy-

Did you try waterboarding him?
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Be sure that you never boil your ribs...that is a no-no if you want to retain maximum flavor, though true that boiling makes them very tender it also pulls out so much of that good meaty flavor.
As Dutch said, try out the 3-2-1 method and then let that guy taste YOUR ribs, but don't tell him your secret
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky