Beef Fatty Q/View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
If ya all remember when I put up the tutorial on how to do a bacon wrap.
After I did the bacon, I realized I didn't have a chub to wrap but I did have a pound and a quarter of 80/20 beef in the fridge. So that's what I used.
Here it is:

There are 3 different cheeses here, Pepper Jack, Provolone, and american topped with pepperoni

Here I have sprinkled some cajun rub on it:

All wrapped up and ready to go to the smoker. (huh, yea, after I unwrap it)

Finished product coming in a couple of hours.

--ray--
(0||||0)

Looks good so far...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ya know, there comes a time in a guys life when he has to stand back and say, "Beam me up Scotty." I've always been picky with what I have Q/Viewed on here cause I wanted to let the gang know that everything was going well. But, I have to let the bad come with the good. So, here it is:

Isn't this a site of -BEAUTY-?

But, When you're in a hurry and hungry and you just jump right in and cut fresh off the smoker and don't let it sit for a few, this is what happens.
Sorta looks like Liberarchys last bowel movement huh?

I have learned tonight a valuable lesson; I have to accept the bad with the good.
As for taste, It was great!!! All I had to do was just cut the fatty and get a soup spoon and spoon the cheese on to my piece of fatty.
Wish I had some Nachos to go with this one.
LOL

--ray--
(0||||0)

OOOPPPS!!! Looks good though. I have been using burger and pizza crust. Have not posted yet. That could get me in alot of trouble. My next one I wiil take pics. I think I may have it to where it is edible.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Be carefull. This was 80/20 beef. I wrapped this up like I would a chub fatty but it appeared that my burger really shrunk up. I'm still tryin to figure this one out. This fatty was solid with beef and cheeses; WHERE'S THE BEEF?

--ray--
(0||||0)

You have to be careful of the it's all about taste thing. Then you also have to let them rest just a little bit more then that there Ray. But then I think you might just be on to something It's the new
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
"Fattie soup"
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Now thats the poster child for resting that for sure.

WTF??? I was not expecting to read that. I can never look at the inside of a fatty again without getting this phrase in my head
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually, it looks really good. Yeah, should have let it sit and firm up a bit, but better cut into it instead of biting into it and have all that hot liquid lava run down your chin. Just like when you nuke a hot pocket. Frozen on the outside, boiling lave hot in the middle LOL.

What kind of cheese did you use it this one?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky