Beautifully smoked 3-bone Prime Rib with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellisair

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
All,

Had a fantastic time smoking a melt-in-your- mouth Prime Rib last weekend. Here's what I did:

Purchased a 3-bone Prime Rib from a local butcher. Came out to around 5 pounds.

Marinated it overnight with Adolph's meat marinade and worcherstershire.

In the morning, I just dried off the marinade (no rinse) and rubbed it with a healthy dose of ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder (no salt so it wont pull out the juices).

975c38ae_IMG00272-20120407-1319.jpg

Slapped that puppy on the smoker at 260 degrees and added boiling beef broth with bay leaves and a few allspice "corns" in the water pan

15ac0edd_IMG00275-20120407-1332.jpg

I then smoked it until I reached an internal temperature of 120 degrees (about 2 1/2 hours or so). I then pulled it off and loosely wrapped it in tin foil to relax.

2070c406_IMG00278-20120407-1633.jpg

While sitting, the internal temp continued to raise and I cut into it at around 125 degrees or so.

This meat absoultely melts in your mouth! and was soooo flavorful! A little horseradish and some au jus and we had ourselves a wonderful evening.

e96e5d66_IMG00280-20120407-1635.jpg

327643b4_IMG00283-20120407-1640.jpg

Give it a shot and just monitor the internal temperature.....You can't go wrong!

Semper Fi,

Bob

Absolutely fantastic Bob. I'm so close, why didn't you call me! I could at least stood down wind. That really looks great.

WC

Largo

Looks like to die for, I hope that horseradish is home made!  If not, try to grind your own some time.  Peel, Quisinart to desired consistency, add white vinegar, tablespoon of sugar, and a squeeze of lemon juice to keep the color.  That fresh stuff will kick your ass with prime rib like yours.  Did you use any wood to smoke the prime rib?  If so, what kind?

I looked at he pictures a second time and,,,well...I think thats what I want to cook this weekend,,. last one I did was great,. I will use your method this time. Yours looks very very nice., good cut of meat too I might add. Like the presentation too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky