BCC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi JoeD617.
I saw those chicken things the other day at Bass Pro.
They are glazed pottery (ceramic) and yes your wife is right....Aluminum is a suspected cause of Alzheimers disease if I remember correctly, usually from bits of it coming off the pan if you use metal spatulas to scrape the bottom of the pan but that's only if you ingest enough of it. You don't want to inhale the smoke from aluminum if it is burning that's really bad for ya. I don't think ya need to worry about that though.

Hi Chris, How ya been? I hate to admit it but the wife is usually right when it comes to my health.

Joe

What ever happened to doing BCC the old way of making the chicken stand up with its hands behind the back. Never have used a holder other than a 1/2 dranked beer.

Hi Joe.
I been just fine, thankyou.
I repaired the broken part on my Bradley and started smokin again.
I smoked 6 chickens last Thursday. My buddy wanted to serve them as an appetizer at a wedding reception. I gave him 4 and kept 2 for myself :)
A small gathering of 60 people.
He says they went over really well. Lots of comments and not a morsel of chicken left over. The party was oriental mostly and they had never tasted anything smoked before.
They also had the brother in law BBQ and smoke two 35lb beef roasts. He apparently did a great job with those also. He used a mop on them, not sure what kind.
I just wish I coulda been there.

PS: Bradley was very quick to respond and sent the part to me no questions asked. I was impressed...
Take care

Hey Chris, That's cool.. Happy it all worked out and that your bradley is feeling better. Tonight I'll be cold smoking salmon, I'll let ya know how it turns out and maybe a few pics as well.

Be well,
Joe

That's great Joe.
I got 4 big birds in the brine as I type.
gonna pull em out in about 4 hrs and smoke em.
hehehehe!
Nice brine recipe ... used it once on some cornish game hens..should work for the bigger bird.
Cayenne pepper, blk pepper, 2 liters apple juice, water,kosher salt, chinese gourmet sauce, worschestire,a little Emerils Essence. Oh Yeh!!!

Chris, ya forgot to say "BAM" on the end .. lol .. I washed off the salmon, pat dried it and letting it get skin on it in the fridge without a cover .. You doing pictures of these birds?

Joe

Here ya go.
I would of had the pics up earlier but my son and I decided to devour one of the fine feathered (defeathered) little critters.
Sorry about the size ....I'm still workin on learning this image thing.
I did put the birds into the broiler on convection for 10 minutes to crisp the skin and it worked.!!! :o

Hey Joe.
How you doin.
I brined and then smoked with Apple and Alder about half and half. I think they could have stood more time in the Brine because they didn't pick up any of the heat from the cayenne.
Smoke time was 3 hours and brine time was three hours. I was kinda pushin the clock, don't have to work tonight and wanted to get ur done. Should have had a little more patience....
Oh well they turned out nice and juicey and tender and I finally got a crisper skin, so I accomplished something in the process.
Next time I will brine for 6 hrs or longer as I did with the Cornish hens... when I first tried this brine recipe....they picked up a nice touch of heat and lot flavour from the other spices.
You take it easy.
Talk to you later Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky