BBB - Again! Part 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
I split my BBB into 2 smokes

My first BBB Smoke, I already posted

The second smoke was BBB that had been cured with a commercial Maple Cure with extra Maple Sugar, and TQ W/Brown Sugar

I'm not a fan of Maple Flavored Bacon, but this is nothing like the flavor when cheap maple syrup hits your bacon.  It's by far my favorite, and the least amount I made.  I definitely will not be giving the Maple BBB out to the neighbors!  Next time, I'll inject a Maple/Brine solution for a little more flavor.

Cold Smoked for 12 Hours Total using one of my New A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKERS, filled with 100% Apple Pellets.

Thanks Again For Looking!!!

Todd

Lighting My New A-MAZE-N=PELLET-SMOKER Filled With Apple Pellets

6b370657_DSCF2959.jpg

Allow the Flame to Burn For 5-10 Minutes, then blow it out

01789c16_DSCF2966.jpg

BBB Hanging and Waiting for Smoke

1fc140ce_DSCF2970.jpg

About 8 Hours Into The Smoke  Nice Color Starting 2 Rows of Pellets Burned

c65f896f_DSCF2980.jpg

12 Hour Smoke Done - Very Nice Color!

5b91780e_DSCF2988.jpg

About 2" of Pellets Are Still Burning - 14 Hours Total on a Single Fill of Pellets!!!

14943cb5_DSCF2990.jpg

Out of The Smoker and Ready To Go Into The Fridge

Notice the Awesome Mahogany Color?!?!?

18b84a31_DSCF2991.jpg

Test Fry of the Maple Bacon  -  My Favorite!

49777d90_DSCF2997.jpg

You can cold smoke bacon in a cardboard box if necessary.

make a batch of Home Made Bacon and you'll never buy from the store again!

Todd

Bacon looks great Todd...

What is that yellow in the back of the smoker?  Looks like a Cheese Explosion... LOL

Bacon looks great Todd...

What is that yellow in the back of the smoker?  Looks like a Cheese Explosion... LOL

It's a weird spot where smoke does not stick.

Just noticed it when you pointed it out

TJ

Man your on a bacon roll! That bacon really has a nice color. I see you sliced yours with the grain. I slice mine against the grain. It shrinks up some when you cook it but I think it's more tender. That's just me though.

Can you even imagine the flavor goodness you could add to Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans with some of your
drool.gif
 bacon chunks added?  That is, of course, assuming you exercised enough restraint from nibbling the pieces.  Sure glad you guys and gals shoved me off on this slippery slope.  Excuse me, I gotta go overhaul mine.

Looking good.

~Dave

Can you even imagine the flavor goodness you could add to Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans with some of your
drool.gif
 bacon chunks added?  That is, of course, assuming you exercised enough restraint from nibbling the pieces.  Sure glad you guys and gals shoved me off on this slippery slope.  Excuse me, I gotta go overhaul mine.

Looking good.

~Dave

I always separate the ends and pieces, and use them in baked beans.

These really add a nice smokey flavor.

TJ

You know you see daylight, when all the bacon is vac packed!

All that's left is cleaning the kitchen before my Wife gets home!!!!

Another Pile O' Bacon

4439d931_DSCF3008.jpg

Vac Packed and Ready For The Freezer

b7d07804_DSCF3009.jpg

THE END!

Todd

All I can say is that when I grow up...........I want to smoke as good as you!! LOL. Awesome job! Got my BBB going into the smoker tomorrow for my 1st ever smoke with my new AMNPS. Gonna cold smoke it. Keep up the great Qview. It's how the rest of us get inspired. Thanks--Sam

That is some great lookin BBB Todd. I guess I will be getting my feet wet 

with my first batch probably this weekend. It is in the fridge right now.

Will be 10 days friday. Hope mine turns out as good as yours.

Mike

Great looking BBB Todd.

Im headed to Sam's in the morning to pick up a few things like 8 butts seeing how I made one butt worth of BBB and it was gone before I got but a couple pieces. Wife LOVED it, but Todd you got me wondering about something..when I add my TQ, can I add maple syrup to that in the bag to cure with as well??? If so I could gain some realllly big points with the better half as she loves putting maple syrup on it.

Thx

Dave

Great looking BBB Todd.

Im headed to Sam's in the morning to pick up a few things like 8 butts seeing how I made one butt worth of BBB and it was gone before I got but a couple pieces. Wife LOVED it, but Todd you got me wondering about something..when I add my TQ, can I add maple syrup to that in the bag to cure with as well??? If so I could gain some realllly big points with the better half as she loves putting maple syrup on it.

Thx

Dave
Hey Dave,

The Maple Syrup will be washed off when you rinse your BBB.  I coated some of my BBB with Maple Syrup and then a sprinkled on some Cracked Black Pepper(CBP).  Only regret is that I did not coat "Both Sides", and make more peppered bacon!

Todd

Todd,

Excellant, thx for the info. I know when its ready she will love it. Its funny, she doesnt care for bacon out of the store. Never has, but she loves that BBB. Now with smoking it with the maple syrup and with maple pellets she will like it even more.

Thx again

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky