Bacon wrapped stuffed thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wow does that look so tasty,I am saving this page thanks for sharing.

Richie

points.gif
Thanks for checking it out and your comment and the point Richie.  I am going to try them again with Feta next time.  I would like to hear any tweaks you come up with for the recipe.

Looks like I'm going to have to keep an eye out for boneless thighs!
How long did they take at about what temp?
The kettle temps fluctuated a bit but over the, (roughly 2 1/2 hour), cook.  The average temp was 250*

I had a dual probe thermometer set up and didn't pay real close attention to cooker temp.  Pulled the chow off at 165* IT.

Let us know what you think if you give them a try.

Last edited:
The kettle temps fluctuated a bit but over the, (roughly 2 1/2 hour), cook.  The average temp was 250*

I had a dual probe thermometer set up and didn't pay real close attention to cooker temp.  Pulled the chow off at 165* IT.

Let us know what you think if you give them a try.
It's definitely on the to try list and I know all about temp fluctuations LOL! I'll let you know.

Thanks for checking it out and your comment and the point Richie.  I am going to try them again with Feta next time.  I would like to hear any tweaks you come up with for the recipe.
Jack you do know Blue Cheese rang the stuffed Mushroom bell LOL. I see a dbl header stuffed Mushrooms and Chicken Thighs stuffed with the Mushroom filling

Richie

Jack you do know Blue Cheese rang the stuffed Mushroom bell LOL. I see a dbl header stuffed Mushrooms and Chicken Thighs stuffed with the Mushroom filling

Richie
Hey Richie,  I like your double header idea.  The mushrooms would go perfectly with the thighs. 
icon14.gif

After thinking over some more I believe that the reason that the Blue cheese was so strong in the recipe was due to using the entire container in the recipe.  I figured that I didn't want a relatively small amount of left over cheese to become a science project in the fridge.  I remember thinking,  "Hmm;  That's quite a bit of cheese" as the last of it went into the bowl. 
icon_redface.gif
  It didn't occur to me at that moment that the Blue would be so strong.

I am fond of Blue cheese but in this instance it turned out to be a little too strong a presence.  Still;  Not enough to ruin the project.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky