Bacon wrapped stuffed thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Coastal NC
Found a recipe a little while ago that I figured I would try to convert to the grill.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8551/spinach-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

Bacon wrapped Chicken thighs.  The recipe called for breasts and Feta cheese but I had trouble finding Feta,  (I live in a deprived area), and I like thighs so I used them.

Here are the ingredients

Filling all mixed up

Filling the thighs

Filled and wrapped

Into the smoke bath,  (22 inch Weber kettle)

Done

I didn't know what to expect when I started this project but they turned out better than I figured they would.  I'll try them again.

Everything there I like. Looks great! Frigo makes a pretty good Feta. Strange the store carried one and not the other...JJ

Thanks for checking out my project and your comments guys.  I was pleased with the Frigo Blue cheese, Chef.  This was the first time I had used any of their products.  Found it at Wally World.

Next batch you do kick them up a bit. Melt 1/2 stick butter. To that add 1 cup Frank's hot sauce, 1 12-16 oz cheap beer. 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder. Mix well. Pour over your chicken and allow to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. I like to go overnight if possible. Stuff with your blue cheese and spinach. Apply a rub made from same spices above. Wrap in bacon and cook. There's a buffalo chicken version for ya.

Next batch you do kick them up a bit. Melt 1/2 stick butter. To that add 1 cup Frank's hot sauce, 1 12-16 oz cheap beer. 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder. Mix well. Pour over your chicken and allow to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. I like to go overnight if possible. Stuff with your blue cheese and spinach. Apply a rub made from same spices above. Wrap in bacon and cook. There's a buffalo chicken version for ya.
That would indeed kick it up a notch DS.  I might well give your version a try. 
icon14.gif

After trying one as a left-over for lunch today I believe that next time I will hold out for Feta cheese rather than the Blue.

How does that brick diffuser work for ya? i would like to get a smokeanator for my kettle but 60 something dollars + shipping seems a bit steep for a bent piece of sheet metal  

How does that brick diffuser work for ya? i would like to get a smokeanator for my kettle but 60 something dollars + shipping seems a bit steep for a bent piece of sheet metal  
The bricks have been working fine for around 5 years.  I new the potential risk using regular brick rather than fire brick so I made sure that the brick were as dry as possible and wrapped them with foil, primarily for clean up but I have had no troubles so far with the regular brick.  I have found that you can arrange the bricks in slightly different angles for more or less capacity.

I have thought about having a local friend make a nice sheet metal piece, and you could probably get more control over your air flow with that sort of set up but I haven't determined that it it really necessary.

I agree with you on the smokenator price being kind of steep.  The brick were free.  I say give it a try.

Nice looking Thighs there , Jack !
drool.gif

I like them , but the Wifey doesn't , so We do Breast . . .
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks for your comment OS.  I've always been a dark meat guy but the breasts ought to work fine with the recipe.  The thighs are a little more forgiving to me and that's another reason that I go with them more often.

Nice Looking Thighs!!
drool.gif

Gonna have to add to the list!
Thanks for checking out my thread and your comment.  Hope it works out well for you.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky