Bacon Vodka Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone ever tried this?

Bacon Vodka
Makes up one pint
  • Fry up three strips of bacon
  • Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps.
  • Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.
  • Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks.(No need to refrigerate)
  • At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.
  • Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.

I've never been a fan of vodka, but with a nice smoky flavor I could learn to like it.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

Definately worth a try. I've seen and had plenty of infused vodkas and there was a bar here in Mpls that specialized in infused aquavit, but the bacon one is definately a new twist for me.

Thanks
V

Sounds different. !! I make limoncello and orangecello, I use pure grain alcohol, I would imagine it would work the same way. the higher the alcohol content, the more oil gets pulled from the zest. Then have to cut it with a sugar/water syrup. If done with bacon, might be able to use brown sugar instead, that would give it a maple cured bacon flavor.
confused.gif

I can see it now, Baconcello: It's what's for breakfast.
eek.gif

I just got a vision of Homer Simpson going "Hhmmmm, drinkin a pig...."

I'll try anything... Already got it made up and in the cabinet under the sink.
Now only three weeks before my first Bacon BloodyMary.
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

If this post gets put on the back shelf, I want you to PM me and tell me how it went. I am calling the wife after this post and tell her to pick up some Vodka. We both like bloody Mary's.

My favorite drink is VooDew; vodka and Diet. Mountain Dew. Now you got me thinking..... Hickory Smoked Bacon VooDew or a Porky VooDew !!!

On Diners Drive-ins and Dives a couple months back they went to a place that made a smoky bacon bourbon the same way.

Well I decided to do it. Ill let ya know in 3 weeks how this one came out.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ab680eb5_vbattach20725.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky