Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
My wife has to work tomorrow, so I bought us a rack of baby backs today... Going to fire up the smoker tomorrow for her...Also gonna fix a mess of Dutch's wicked baked beans to go with them...Ribs are rubbed down now and will sit in the fridge till the morning...Then hit the smoker...Can't hardly wait..  Walker...

I know the feeling. Last night I had the ribs out and couldnt wait for today to get here to cook them. Cant wait to see your Qview.

My wife has to work tomorrow, so I bought us a rack of baby backs today... Going to fire up the smoker tomorrow for her...Also gonna fix a mess of Dutch's wicked baked beans to go with them...Ribs are rubbed down now and will sit in the fridge till the morning...Then hit the smoker...Can't hardly wait..  Walker...
Placed the baby backs in the smoker a little while ago...Will let them smoke for a couple hours and then foil...Using the 2-2-1 method, so don't think I will need a temperature for this.
10fc96ca_babybacks.jpg

Looks good so far. And you are correct. When doing the 2-2-1 you dont need to take the temp of the ribs.

Good start!  When you pull them from the 2 hour foiling, you'll notice the meat pull back from the bones.  What chamber temps are you running? Wishing I was having some Dutch's beans today with my brisket!

Just foiled the baby backs and covered them with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce...gonna let them set a couple more hours, then remove the foil. Will add a couple ears of sweet corn in foil and stir the wicked baked beans..All is good. Will be stuffing myself in a few hours...What a deal...I Love my Smoker...Walker

Good start!  When you pull them from the 2 hour foiling, you'll notice the meat pull back from the bones.  What chamber temps are you running? Wishing I was having some Dutch's beans today with my brisket!
My GOSM on low will set at about 240 degrees. According to the door guage... I always leave it on the low setting and use my Taylor digital to cook with...Except for these baby backs...I leave it on low and use the 2-2-1 method for them...No guage.

its all good.

Walker

My GOSM on low will set at about 240 degrees. According to the door guage... I always leave it on the low setting and use my Taylor digital to cook with...Except for these baby backs...I leave it on low and use the 2-2-1 method for them...No guage.

its all good.

Walker

Have you checked to see if the door gauge is accurate? I know most are not. My GOSM I leave right below med and it sits at 225˚-230˚.

I've got a rack in now. Been in an hour so it's starting to smell good out there, hickory smoke and pork. Oh yeah.

I've got a rack in now. Been in an hour so it's starting to smell good out there, hickory smoke and pork. Oh yeah.
Mine are smelling good too...Hickory smoked and liking it.. Going out now to check the progress....Life is good...

Its looking good don't forget the rest of the Qview

How did your's turn out? According to my wife, my most ardent BBQ fan next to the dog, mine were most excellent.

Hi Dick,

Mine were Ok, but cooked a little longer than I wanted them too. So I am not going to say they were great...I have done better in the past.

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky