Baby Back Rib Placement on 3 level Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peplogic

Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Hello All!

I was hoping to get some suggestions/feed back from the group regarding rib placement.

I have a cook shack Amerique which is a 3 level Vertical Electric Smoker.  I will be Smoking some Baby Back Ribs later this evening and i have previously used a vertical holder to smoke the ribs.

The Ameirque is large enough for 2 full slabs of ribs to fit horizontally on each level.

My question is.....What is th best way to space the ribs?  Should I place one slab per level?  Two slabs on the Top Rack and one in the middle?

My primary concern is that if i use all 3 levels the bottom rack will dry out, cause it is close to the heating element than the top rack.

My secondary concern is that if I put 2 slabs side by side  on the there wont be enough air flow to allow the top rack to smoke.

***Follow up question***

Any suggestions on checking the temp on ribs?  I have heard that the bones are so close together its hard to get an accurate reading.

Any thoughts/Suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

-Pep

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky