Auber/BBQ Guru Hybrid system help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oversteerdawg

Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys.  I already have an Auber dual probe PID and I want to use that with my BBQ Guru Pit Bull fan, but I'm having issues finding the right AC/DC adapter for it.  The BBQ Guru fan uses a male connector that is meant to work with their controllers which have female outputs.  However, my auber PID has a normal 110v output.  I need to find an appropriate AC/DC Adapter to make it work, but I'm not sure what the specs and sizes of the plugs are.

Can anyone with a BBQ Guru Digi Q or similar let me know what the fan outout amperage is and also what the physical size of the connector is.  This would be a HUGE help in trying to cobble up the correct power adapter.  I'm looking at blower power adapter that auber offers

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_35&products_id=372

but I'm not sure if the physical dimensions of the plugs match or if the 1A output is enough.

Many thanks in advance!

-Tom

It looks like all off the BBQ Guru stuff runs off of a 12v 2amp adapter.  As for the plug, I'd just buy a new one and cut the old off.  If the fan runs backwards, reverse the wires!

I'm not sure what your solution is but I feel your pain on trying to figure it out. I have been trying to cobble together my own controller and fan setup that is more versatile than the off the shelf models and it is becoming a pain in the butt.

How do you like the Auber PID? That is one of the options I have looked at.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky