Are smoked chickens supposed to look like this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Like I said in my earlier post those birds have to have a strong bitter taste, And the sad part is she thinks they are good !!!!

Gary S

Someone just needs to let that lady know that charcoal is not supposed to be used in that manor!  That's the main culprit for her black chicken skin. 

Those chickens look pretty rough to me. If my smoked chicken looked like that I would throw them away. I see several problems, I do not have that type smoker so anyone that does can correct me, That's a propane smoker, why would you use lump charcoal in a propane? I didn't see a smoke stack either and last mesquite wood. With no smoke stack and using lump and mesquite, lots of stale smoke, you probably couldn't eat the skin if you wanted has to be extremely bitter and creosote tasting. You really have to be careful with mesquite it is a very strong wood, most people I know who use mesquite mix it with oak  and use very little, and is WELL seasoned. When I smoke chicken they come out a deep golden brown. Maybe the You Tube lady needs to read some post and see some pictures in SMF, just saying  my 2 cents worth.

Gary S
K2guy and myself, both left comments on her video, pointing her to this very forum.  believe me, if Youtube still allowed response videos, I would have made one and in it pointed her to this forum with screen shot and shout outs.

Sad thing is She thinks she is doing a good job !!!!

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky