Apartment smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

huskerrow

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Nebraska
Hi guys,

The wife and I are getting ready to sell our house and go back to apartment life. This means I have to get rid of my 14.5 WSM.

I'm looking for suggestions on an electric or pellet smoker since charcoal is not allowed. Any thoughts?

Row

You could convert a WSM with a heating element but thats just a sin. :biggrin:

I have the smokin it smoker and love it. MES is a common favorite on this board. I am sure someone will suggest that soon. It really depends if your looking to smoke chips or chunks and how cold it gets in Nebraska. The smokin it smoker is an insulated tank and holds temps well in the cold.

You could convert a WSM with a heating element but thats just a sin. :biggrin:

I have the smokin it smoker and love it. MES is a common favorite on this board. I am sure someone will suggest that soon. It really depends if your looking to smoke chips or chunks and how cold it gets in Nebraska. The smokin it smoker is an insulated tank and holds temps well in the cold.

It can get pretty cold. Insulated would be nice. Which smokin it so you have?

Just the #1. Smallest one they have. Wish I would have gotten the #3. Mine can find two shoulders or 3 racks of ribs cut in half, but forget about brisket unless it is a flat only.

Last edited:
What about an electric UDS....meateater made one a while back due to not being able to have charcoal at his apartment

What about an electric UDS....meateater made one a while back due to not being able to have charcoal at his apartment

That'd be nice. The patio isn't that big at the apartment and the garage we have is a little bit away so I'm not sure how convenient that'd be

This may send a few off the ledge, but i have a buddy who owns/uses one of these and he says it actually does a pretty nice job.  

I dont know where u live in Nebraska but the company i work for doesnt allow pellet smokers or grills 

I'm in bellevue. The apartment advised electric is fine. I've got my eye on a 40 inch MES BT from Sam's but I have to sell my 14.5" wsm

Last edited:
Heya,

I was in the same boat. I wanted a smoker but my apartment doesn't allow anything on our balcony. They only stated no gas/charcoal grills... So when I bought my smoker, I went with the 30in MES and haven't been questioned. Best decision I made. Great to use, lots of space, looks like a minifridge outside. I'd be happy to answer any questions relating to apartment life and smoking
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky