Anyone have either of these two 15 pound stuffers?

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by dpeart, Dec 26, 2011.

1. dpeart

dpeart Smoke Blower

MTN 15lbs stuffer here:

Uniworld Manual Vertical 15 Lb Sausage Stuffer STV7

http://uniworldfoodequipments.com/?p=3183

I'm looking for a 15 lb stuffer after reading all the "sausage stuffer" threads.  I also think I've narrowed it down to these two models that are ~$200.  Not sure how much meat is left in the bottoms.  Not sure if the two speeds is important or not.

If there is another 15lb'er out there in the $200 range I'm interested as well.

thanks,

dave

2. actually I think some one just picked up the 15lb mtn stuffer  take a look through some of the recent threads the last couple of days

and there was a thread posted today on two speed stuffers that explains the term "two speeds" better

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

The first one looks like the Cabela's and Weston Stuffer and the second one looks like the Grizzly, and LEM Stuffer. I have heard good things about both. I have the style like the first one.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I have the 5 lb model of the stuffer that Joe (Boykjo) said and it works fine but you need to get some different tubes if you want to make snack sticks. The hard part is I can't find anyone that carries them.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  6. did 30 # threw my 15# mtn it worked great,nice stuffer [​IMG]

7. dpeart

dpeart Smoke Blower

Good to hear.  I just got one off Ebay.  Should get it next week.  Looking forward to using it!

dave

8. buying new toys is always sooo much fun [​IMG]

9. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

One these days i gotta lern how ta use em..........Yeah unorganized shelf

[​IMG]

10. is the orange one a weston it looks just like my 11lb'er

11. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yup

Dont even ask Weston for parts cuz they will tell you there aint any. I went round and round with them about it. One reason Cabelas caved em all. Take care of your seal and dont let it crack

12. really I see they are still making an 11lb stuffer... thats crazy

13. hoity toit

hoity toit Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I got this one  today, its just like the one on Amazon...Really heavy, nice unit. I pai 199 for it from Mid-Western Research. Here is the link : http://www.midwesternresearch.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;MULTI_ITEM_SUBMIT

[​IMG]
    Item:192161
    Description:11 LB SAUSAGE STUFFER
    Quality stainless sausage stuffer with 4 sizes of stuffing tubes. High and low speeds for maximum pressure but quick filling. Stainless steel allows for easy cleaning and years of service.

FEATURES:
    - Stainless steel frame, tubes and cylinder
    - Aluminum gear box with steel gears
    - 2 Speed stuffing
    - 4 Sizes of stuffing tubes: 10mm, 16mm, 22mm, 38mm
    - Cylinder Diameter: 141mm
    - Cylinder Length: 320mm
    - Machine size: 65 x 34 x 30cm
    - Gross Weight/Net Weight:13/12 kg

14. hoity toit

Yep., Its the only reason we have to work,,,so we can get more toys.[​IMG]

15. dpeart

dpeart Smoke Blower

Nice looking stuffer.  Got a chance to use it yet?

dave

16. dpeart

dpeart Smoke Blower

Yesterday was my 21st anniversary so I got this for myself.  My wife got another pair of cowboy boots, so we are both happy [​IMG]

dave

17. Very nice stuffer!

[​IMG]

18. hoity toit

I got a parts list from Mid-Western Supply and they have the gaskets, no problem.

19. Really awesome looking stuffer.... Can you tell me if those smaller 10, 16 inch tubes are usefull?  I want to be able to make snack sticks and most of what I see stat to use 19mm and 21mm casings so would those tubes work?  I assume the bigger one 38mm would be perfect for smaller summer sausge and brauts.....

Thank you in advance!

20. hoity toit

I dont know....I have not used this thing yet.