Another newbie that loves meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

orygunfan

Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
Washington
Hey all this is my first post on here so please bear with me. I got a Uniflame gas and charcoal grill for Fathers day, I haven't used the propane side yet and I'm just trying out the charcoal side now. My only concern is that it doesn't seem to be holding in the smoke,it's pouring out smoke from the bottom, I've tried adjusting the hood but no luck. Help anyone?

First.... welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and good info here.
Not sure what you mean by not holding in the smoke. It shouldn't be holding it in. Needs to flow somewhere. Unless you mean its leaking smoke all over. I'm not familiar with your cooker so maybe someone else will chime in with help. All the best to you.

I understand the smoke has to go somewhere it just seems like there's to much coming out..I'm probably just being paranoid, thanks for the reply

I just finished my first pork roast in my new grill/smoker. It turned out better then I thought it was going to, still need to figure out how to regulate my heat and smoke better and learn what wood chips I like best with different meats

Hello and welcome, congrats on the smoker and your first smoke., Post some pictures of your smoker from various angles controlling temp is usually done by the damper on the firebox, if you are leaking around your lid there is a high temp RTV silicone  that a lot of members use. Ribwizzard has a good method for applying it to the door I'll see if I can't find that post.

Gary S

I see a damper, should be able to regulate heat. Still looking for Rib's thread

Gary S

It may take you a few times to get your smoker figured out, just play with it. I use splits in my RF you might use chunks and I do dry.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky