Another Newbie From Tacoma,WA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wcortesi

Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks now, and figured I'd introduce myself. I've been smoking for about 6 years now, but sure glad I found you guys!
I started off with a bullet shaped smoker from Home Depot, like a ECB, but even cheaper! Just upgraded (maybe) to a brinkman vertical smoker and have already moded the firebox with the square wok I got at Lowe's.

I've been doing Jerky, Ribs and Smoked Salmon for several years, with pretty good success (and more than one absolute failure!) but always looking to improve.
Did some baby backs last week, which turned out good with the 2-2-1 method, although I tried the cinammon, pepper and clove rub I found on this site and did not care for it at all! Oh well, back to my usual method of mustard and spicy rub I've been using for years!
So right now I've got a pork shoulder roast in along with a really basic fattie (Just JD spicy sausage) and anxious to try it out!
Still having problems with temp control, though. I used sand in my water pan last weekend, but my temperatures were just too high, so this weekend I went back to straight water and now I have a hard time keeping temps high enough!
OK, gotta go check things in the smoker!

Welcome to the SMF family. Glad you found us. Lots of smokin smart people here.

welcome-we like new people-you sound seasoned-hope to learn a thing or 2.

welcome. I bet you get the temp problems worked out in a smoke or two.......or ten, oh well just another reason to keep smokin
Don't forget the q-view.

Welcome to the SMF wcortesi. Just south of ya here in Oly town. Lot's of great people here so if you have any questions just ask. Hope your butt turns out great. Post up your Q-view if you can.

Dave

Welcome glad to have ya.SMF is a great place you will fit right in...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky