Another 321 success story

Discussion in 'Pork' started by keywesmoke, Apr 17, 2007.

1. keywesmoke

keywesmoke Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

The 321 is fantastic. I bought 3 racks of spares but only had room for 2 on my ecb. Marinated them overnight in white cranberry/strawberry juice, it's all I had around. Did the pat dry, dry rub, 3 hours at 225 or so, then foil with an ounce or two of oj for two hours, then naked in the smoker, but didn't go the full hour because the bones were already pokin' out on the fat end of the rack. Drizzled honey and apple cinammon BBQ sauce for the last bit. I plated them and literally pulled clean bones out of the rack! Incredible ribs! Neighbors are getting awefully nice these days, especially when they smell smoke. Thanks to you all for my education.

apple/cinn. bbq sauce= www.olerayssauces.com

2. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It is so nice when your plan comes together. Congrats.

3. keywesmoke

Thanks Hillbilly, you're right. BTW I love WVA, spent a lot of time there....went to college in Harrisonburg, next door.

4. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds great! Any pics??

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

5. keywesmoke

I don't have pics from this one. It was blowing so hard yesterday I was busy catching patio chairs and beagles flying around me.

6. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Did Snoopy finally get the Red Baron?

LOL

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

7. keywesmoke

Snoopy got the scraps! The beagles and I have a deal....if they get 10% of whatever I make, they won't "R,U,N,N,O,F,T". So far it's worked like a dream, although once in a great while they'll catch a scent and skee-daddle. Can't blame them, they're hounds.