An old dog looking to learn new tricks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops da butcher

Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Fort Myers florida
Hi all. I am joining you smoking enthusiasts to learn new tricks, or better improve on my old tricks. Maybe I can share some of my expertiese.  I am a butcher, beencutting meet mfor almost 50 years. I have done commercial smoking, and am now doing it on a smaller scale for the market I am working in.  I have a 20lb stainlessm, smoker i bought from the sausage maker in Buffalo new york, and I think it does a wonderful job of smoking.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who wants or needs any info on meats or sausage making as that is my specialty.

Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

Welcome to the SMF Family...Your experience will be a fine addition to our crew...JJ

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there Pops. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Welcome to the SMF family Pops- There are a number of us here that used to be or are currently working the meat cuttingbutcher trade. I no longer cut for a living but I'll get a good deal on a half of beef and use my buddy's meat shop to cut my own. It's nice to be able to keep my skills up.

Looking forward to your posts

Enjoy the Smoke!

PdB, Welcome to what will probably be your new home.... Great folks here willing to share their secrets and help in any way possible.... Looking forward to learning from you......

enjoy the long smokey ride.... Dave

Hello Pops de Butcher 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF.  As was mentioned there may be some confusion for a bit as we have a Super Moderator that uses Pops as his handle.  Glad to have you here with us and look forward to seeing your posts. 

Welcome Pops da butcher! We really enjoy having meat cutters here. Particularly "ole' salty ones", such as yourself. Dems da best kinds. You'll have to get acqainted with our other Pops. Pops6927 to be precise. He's got a few barnicles hangin off of him, too! LOL We love his knowledge and fascinating experiences from the old days. Looking forward to sharing what knowledge we can. Welcome aboard!!

ShortEnd

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. There is a huge wealth of knowledge here, and folks are eager to help any way they can. I'm sure you will add to this knowledge, and look forward to reading your posts.

thank you all for the warm welcome. You may all call me Don, if that will help with any confusion

I forgot to mention  that I am in Southwest Florida, and originally from new jersey. Looking forward to a long and informing relatinship in the SMF

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky