Amprobe thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First time I have seen that one?

For that price, it should be pretty special before I would consider it?

Good luck and good smoking.

I'm with venture here. Looks pricey too me. I am not sure but I don't think you can leave that probe in meat. I know I cant woth my fluke that reads temp and it uses probes like yours has. 

-200*C to 1370*C !!! That's a bit of overkill considering we usually do 4*C to 177*C, maybe...Not to mention I didn't see that it transmits to a remote (nice feature in the winter)...Seems like a great Precision Thermo but for that price you could get 2 Maverick 732's and baby sit your Smoker and a 3 pieces of meat from the comfort of your house and out of the cold up in Canada...JJ

I know it's a bit overkill on the temp range but it's accurate as hell, and I can use it when I heat treat knife blades. No there's no wireless output that I know of and the probes are food safe if I decide to use the probe for the meat. In the USA you might be able to get 2 Mavricks for that price but here this unit is only 18$ more. And with all this bbq I'm eating that walk out to the garage will be nessesary

I know it's a bit overkill on the temp range but it's accurate as hell, and I can use it when I heat treat knife blades. No there's no wireless output that I know of and the probes are food safe if I decide to use the probe for the meat. In the USA you might be able to get 2 Mavricks for that price but here this unit is only 18$ more. And with all this bbq I'm eating that walk out to the garage will be nessesary
Well when you put it that way it makes a lot more sense...I would not be able to Temper Steel with a Maverick...JJ

That's what I thought , tempering is the easy part you can do that in your oven the hard part is getting the 1450f to harden it

Dave my probes for my fluke are food safe as well you just cant leave them in the meat while cooking. I suspect yours are the same way

I suspect the coating on the probe cord is why, but that should be easy to work around, I do have a fairly accurate leave in probe with wireless

that I use. I did look at the fluke line but I wasn't going to go that far and I looked at dial bi-metals but they where 100$ plus for one that would fit the hole in

my door

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky