AMNPS & Mail Box.. An extra benefit....

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by daveomak, Aug 28, 2014.

1. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So, I'm getting ready to smoke some beef short ribs.... Gather up the AMNPS and dump the white ash from last smoke.... It was sitting in the MB mod..... LO and BEHOLD !!!!! a pile of shiny black material that looks like creosote....
    Me thinks the MB mod. helps to condense the creosote BEFORE it gets to the food..... I think that is a bonus for great flavored food.....

Now you know everything I know.....

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's great that it keeps it in there. It may be causing creosote & holding it in----Maybe because of the temp differences of an uninsulated Mailbox???  Just guessing here.

My MES 40 is 4 years old, and I couldn't get that much black if I scraped my whole interior.

Bear

3. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's the first creosote I noticed.... It could be 2 years build up for all I know.... and you and I know, I don't know much...

There is not a lot.... maybe the stuff is 2 thousands thick... about a cigarette paper thickness.....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh---OK---The pic makes it look like a lot more----Sorry about that.

That's cool if it really is keeping it out of the smoker, or at least much of it!!!!

Bear