Almost done with first UDS build

Discussion in 'UDS Builds' started by cromag, Sep 5, 2010.

1. cromag

cromag Smoking Fanatic

All I need are two more racks and to finish my charcoal basket. I decided to go with 2 cooking racks and a rack for a large water bowl.

So introducing the UGLIEST UDS you will ever see... (I tried making a fire on the bottom and smoke on the top and failed)

[​IMG]

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

it looks good in a uds kinda way lol

good job

3. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Who cares what ist look like I bet that sucker is gonna smoke like a champ.

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Cool! I like the fire and smoke paintjob. [​IMG]  Now let's see some Meat!! [​IMG]

5. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

it's all in the eye of the beholder .....I think she's pretty[​IMG]

6. cromag

cromag Smoking Fanatic

Thank you everyone.. I'm drying to give it a test run when I season it. I'm not sure how the long air pipe with affect it until I fire it up. Just waiting on my 20 inch pizza pan to get here so I can finish the basket. The neighbors think I'm crazy building this but when they smell the smoke who is gonna be laughing last!

7. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good!![​IMG]

8. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Looking good!  If those neighbors are ever lucky enough to taste what comes out of the drum, they'll be friends for life! LOL  

9. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Why the need for a water pan?  The long pipe will work, hopefully.  If not make the diameter larger.  This will compensate for the friction of the pipe wall affecting your air flow.

Good luck to you.

10. cromag

cromag Smoking Fanatic

Why not? I believe in humidity being from the south. Since seeing what it does around here in TN at 90% humidity all summer long and with the extra space in the drum, adding one shouldn't hurt anything. I'm already using on in my horizontal, plus meateater [​IMG]  uses one and I incorporated his design from the wiki with the weber lid idea.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  11. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

maneater hahha that cracks me the hell up lol good one, nice uds!!!

12. cromag

cromag Smoking Fanatic

Oh damn I usually proof read before entering