Afternoon Delight W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dropastone

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
South Bend IN
This is my first post with Qview so I hope everyone enjoys. This is by far anything spectacular. I just had some leftover scraps from some spareribs I made a cpl of weeks ago. This is something I can make and munch on all afternoon.

Here is the star of the show.

14c6w54.jpg

1zfq4af.jpg

I'll start off with your average CG/pro. Let me tell you this old smoker has been rode hard over the years.

358t35z.jpg

2dm8tv6.jpg

288sbom.jpg

v6hxex.jpg

Meat hitting the smoker with a potato on the side.

m9u4x5.jpg

105rzmw.jpg

fc4j29.jpg

I like to start off with 1 chimney full of briquets.

j6obx3.jpg

4uezdi.jpg

Adding a cpl of chunks of hickory along with 20 or so briquets. I like to add about 10 or so briquets and a chunk of wood every hour on the hour to keep the temps up to par.

2ujqdev.jpg

2z3vqyc.jpg

Shut the lid and it's time to smoke.

2gxfe9w.jpg

Well I'm about an hour or so in at this point and the GG was running about 240* at the time. I pull the smallest pieces off first for a sample. Now it's time for round 1

zl989f.jpg

2epj4tv.jpg

2i1nx2e.jpg

I forgot to mention this is my official meat tester. I don't know how I would ever get along without him. His knowledge and insight is right on point.

2dt8a61.jpg

16qhae.jpg

This is my full blooded English Mastiff his name is Angus, he is 2 years old and weighs 125 lbs and it's all muscle.

svjlhy.jpg

18p5zp.jpg

OK know I'm about 2 hrs in. The temp is around 230* just where I wanna be.

21msxtl.jpg

Check out that thin blue smoke.

2n7lijo.jpg

I think it's time to pull the other 2 small pieces and start round 2.

2vt9p4y.jpg

The potato comes off at this point as well.

2ugyuzn.jpg

Now this is what I call afternoon delight and let me tell you it was pretty tasty

apk29t.jpg

So now I'm about 2:45 min in and its time to throw some sauce on. I'll be using some Jack Daniels original recipe for this stage. I didn't get any pics this time because I wanted to sauce and close the lid as fast as I could.

Well it's 3:15 min in and here is the final results.

6xusdx.jpg

2u9k461.jpg

Now it's time for round three.

118kbdj.jpg

2ewplbr.jpg

Well let me say that you will just have to take my word for it. It all turned out pretty darn good on a Tuesday afternoon.

I hope y'all liked my show and there will be lots more where this came from.

Excellent job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Oh yeah he loved it he is a real connoisseur of the meats. He also comes with a built in drool meter. After he has a sample you can judge how good it was by the length of drool from the mouth to the floor. If his drool hits the floor you know that you just hit a home run.
icon_smile.gif

Those are some really sweet looking ribs there. I smoke my parts of the spares along with my ribs so I will have something to nibble on during the smoke. But they are dinfinetky yummolishous.

Yeah I usually do too but at the time I already had quite a bit going on the smoker and really didn't have the room for them. It all worked out fine though because I had a nice lunch and dinner out of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky