Afternoon Chuckie and Chicken w/ dutch's wicked beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Morris County, New Jersey
Hey guys.  Finishing my basement so the plumber had to come today.  That means a day off for me.  While i'm home i figured why not do a little smoke.

Bought a 2 1/4 pound chuck roast and a chicken fryer.

Rubbed chuckie with olive oil and some rub.

Brought smoker to 220 and laid the chuckie on there at 1100am.  going to take it to 160 then foil it with apple juice, apple cider vinegar and bring it to 200.  Then ill cooler it for an hour and then pull it

Chicken is going to go on at 3pm so it'll be ready when wife and kids get home.

Ill be posting Q throughout the day.  Wish me luck

0cdcc2bf_rubbed.jpg

Last edited:
One hour in.  Temp already at 160.  Not sure how.  i checked another spot and it was 153 so i guess it is accurate.  smoker at 240.  put it in a tin with aluminum foil and some apple cider vinegar, wine, and apple juice (not too much).

e6fd7a7b_onehourin.jpg

started smoking 11:00am

meat hit 200 at 1:00.  very weird.  this is the first time i did a chuckie without a stall.

Have it wrapped in a blanket in the microwave.  going to check on it at 2:10.  and ill be putting up some pics

86905223_photo-39.jpg

d6796177_photo-40.jpg

7970690a_photo-41.jpg

was a little little dry but dipped into the juices left over it is insane...  making beans and chicken in about half hour.

Chicken all rubbed

4870d066_chickenrubbed.jpg

b86f6e91_beansfinished.jpg

9b660464_sweetpotatoes.jpg

3a2f3548_chickenfinished.jpg

e4961c8e_everythingfinished.jpg

everything came out great.  chicken was juicy, sweet potatoes were good, and dutch's beans were insane.  hope you guys enjoy

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky