Afternoon Chuckie and Chicken w/ dutch's wicked beans

Discussion in 'Beef' started by njsmoker83, May 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys.  Finishing my basement so the plumber had to come today.  That means a day off for me.  While i'm home i figured why not do a little smoke.

Bought a 2 1/4 pound chuck roast and a chicken fryer.

Rubbed chuckie with olive oil and some rub.

Brought smoker to 220 and laid the chuckie on there at 1100am.  going to take it to 160 then foil it with apple juice, apple cider vinegar and bring it to 200.  Then ill cooler it for an hour and then pull it

Chicken is going to go on at 3pm so it'll be ready when wife and kids get home.

Ill be posting Q throughout the day.  Wish me luck

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Going to grab a chair and cold one and wait for the rest of the Q-views

3. One hour in.  Temp already at 160.  Not sure how.  i checked another spot and it was 153 so i guess it is accurate.  smoker at 240.  put it in a tin with aluminum foil and some apple cider vinegar, wine, and apple juice (not too much).

[​IMG]

4. forgot to mention in the post that I'm going to add some of dutch's wicked baked beans.

5. started smoking 11:00am

meat hit 200 at 1:00.  very weird.  this is the first time i did a chuckie without a stall.

Have it wrapped in a blanket in the microwave.  going to check on it at 2:10.  and ill be putting up some pics

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

was a little little dry but dipped into the juices left over it is insane...  making beans and chicken in about half hour.

Chicken all rubbed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

everything came out great.  chicken was juicy, sweet potatoes were good, and dutch's beans were insane.  hope you guys enjoy

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

this is a great meal.yummy

8. That's some good looking food!