Added a Sun Shield to MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok Ryanhoelzer challenged me to do this. His comment was I would like to increase the angle on the PID. (adlibed) So another Monday night of bad TV. Always gets me into trouble. Of course I like to hang in the garage and build stuff. So I improved on my last design and wanted people that were already working on this to know. What I have now done.

It was real simple and works very well. I unscrewed my sun sheild. On the front of the PID there is a screw. That holds the front to the top of the smoker. I cranked that out about 3 turns. It still goes into the slot. The back of the PID now sets on top of the smoker. At a much better angle.

Now I had nothing securing the back of the PID. I had some thin velcro laying around. So I put a piece on the PID and the sun screen.

Here is a front view.

Here is my complete setup with the stand I built. Not sure how many people will see this. As a lot of people have already viewed this thread. But I was not sure if another thread was worthy. Mods let me know if you want it changed.

Thanks for viewing and I hope it helps.

Jammin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky