ABT's & Italian Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
It was quickie. Had not planned to do any smoking for the 4th.
Fired off the GOSM gasser at 2PM, 2 hickory chunks in the smoke box. It made smoke in 10 minutes and settled in at 230°. 92° ambient temp.
Loaded in the ABT's and Johnsonville Itallian sausages. 2 1/2 hours later, DONE!
Filled ABT's with onion/chive cream cheese. The big ABT's are Gypsy Star sweet peppers I picked up at the local Farmer's Market. Very good!
Sauted 3 Gypsy Star sweet peppers and 1/2 Vidalia onion in EVOO. A squirt of Gulden's Spicy Mustard and it's heaven on a bun!
Not bad for a quickie.
8baf5184_vbattach13317.jpg

f84693cc_vbattach13316.jpg

105d3983_vbattach13315.jpg

4bf3da67_vbattach13314.jpg

4c908061_vbattach13313.jpg

Mike looks like some good eats. Rhonda has been after me to do some sweet peppers as she doesn't like japs. Hope you folks had a nice 4th. Sometimes those spur of the moment things are the best.

Thanks Steve, hope you folks had the same.
The sweet peppers are "rilly" good, I like the japs flavor better, plus, I like heat and you get a bit now and then.

Yummo!!!!! That there gasser is sure great for those "quickie" smokes!!
icon_mrgreen.gif
How you liking it??

Tonto, I "rilly" like the gasser. Like you said, it's quick to fire. And it maintains temp. "rilly" well. Easy smokin'!
I still prefer the ol' Geezer for best flavor. Maybe it's the 32 years of "flavor" on the inside!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky