ABT's & Italian Sausage

Discussion in 'Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables' started by peculiarmike, Jul 4, 2007.

1. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It was quickie. Had not planned to do any smoking for the 4th.
    Fired off the GOSM gasser at 2PM, 2 hickory chunks in the smoke box. It made smoke in 10 minutes and settled in at 230°. 92° ambient temp.
    Loaded in the ABT's and Johnsonville Itallian sausages. 2 1/2 hours later, DONE!
    Filled ABT's with onion/chive cream cheese. The big ABT's are Gypsy Star sweet peppers I picked up at the local Farmer's Market. Very good!
    Sauted 3 Gypsy Star sweet peppers and 1/2 Vidalia onion in EVOO. A squirt of Gulden's Spicy Mustard and it's heaven on a bun!
    Not bad for a quickie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Mike looks like some good eats. Rhonda has been after me to do some sweet peppers as she doesn't like japs. Hope you folks had a nice 4th. Sometimes those spur of the moment things are the best.

3. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Lookin good Mike ..gotta luv those ABT'S [​IMG]

4. peculiarmike

Thanks Steve, hope you folks had the same.
    The sweet peppers are "rilly" good, I like the japs flavor better, plus, I like heat and you get a bit now and then.

5. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

My drool factor just went up! Mike, that sure does look good.

6. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yummo!!!!! That there gasser is sure great for those "quickie" smokes!![​IMG] How you liking it??

7. peculiarmike

Tonto, I "rilly" like the gasser. Like you said, it's quick to fire. And it maintains temp. "rilly" well. Easy smokin'!
    I still prefer the ol' Geezer for best flavor. Maybe it's the 32 years of "flavor" on the inside! [​IMG]