? about Easter Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nicko

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Plainville Ct
I have a 17 lb ham in brine for 3 weeks now. Should i pull it out and let it dry a bit before I put it in the smoker? I know to smoke it at a low temp. Dose anyone konw how long its going to take? I was thinking about putting it on 5 on saterday. Allways can Heat it up in the !@#* if i have too.

Will post pics of my progress.

Don't know how much salt was in yer recipe, but I would pull it out, rinse it off, trim a piece an fry it. Check yer salt level. Ya may wann soak it in cool clear water fer bout 2 hours ifin it's to salty, change that water out ever half hour. Then yes, let it sit uncovered in the fridge, When I do a ham it sits fer 30 hours in there. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky