A Smoky Birthday for the Daddy-in-law

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2008
NW Ohio - outside Toledo
icon10.gif
Well I've been off for a while getting my ducks in a row. Now it's time to go to work!Tomorrow I will cook the meal for the Father-in-law's Birthday Party. I have a 13.85# Brisket with a good fat cap, 12 racks of St.Louis cut Spares with all the tips for PIG CANDY! There are also 1 large 8# Butt , bone in because I like it that way.I picked up some good Shag Bark Hickory(all splits)and get this--- I paid only $35 for the 1/4 cord I got!Good for N.Ohio.
Anyway I know I haven't had any Q-view yet,but I'll turn in my assignment after the cook. I intend to take some shots of the whole process. Hope I can get it to load up onto the forum.Sorry I haven't been showing you anything yet but things have been crazy here,and now that it's done I can begin to have fun!Should be a great party and plenty food for the 12 to 18 guest we'll have.Left overs are as always divided and sent away(besides I can do more and I like It right off the fire).Have fun, I'll be posting Thursday with the Q-view. PROMISE!!
icon12.gif

P.S.- I'm not a good photo journalist either, forgot to take pictures of the before prepping, and some steps in how I did the trimming. I'll get them in next time as I would like you to see the K-Mart meat I've been using-good meat IBP packer meat!
Prozac hasn't kicked in yet!LOL!

Have fun and good luck with the big smoke I'll be looking forward to the Qview

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky