7 Bone Chuck Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Mustard it up and covered with Jeff's rub.

8ff04e35_SevenBoneChuck044.jpg

Will wrap at 160 to 165º internal. Smoking with Oak and Cherry. This one is around 6 1/4 lbs.

OK, Chuck is done. Took right around 6 hours total and then into the cooler, wrapped with towels, since I had a two hour wait till the guest arrived.

Here's hoping this 7 Bone chuck would pull nicely. It is not touted as the best chuck for pulling, but I had pretty good luck with one before.

aa6d9f39_SevenBoneChuck048.jpg

Well when that one bone just fell out, I knew I had a winner.

97a6bfaa_SevenBoneChuck049.jpg

Oh yeah!!!!
banana_smiley.gif

7-Bones are great for smoking. I buy them anytime I see them (when they're not cut too thin). Yours looks like you nailed it

you're right, we don't see them that often, I think this is only my 3rd one. This one was a beaut at 6 1/4 lbs. Real nice cut of meat.

You might have just forced me to do one all the way to pulling done-ness. I love these roasts but I take them out long before this point. I like them pink inside but there is no arguing that the pictures of your pulled 7-bone don't look moist and scrumptious!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky